Monday, April 5, 2010

Goo: dairy-free yogurt

In an effort to cut back on my dairy (I suspect it gives me migraines), I've been poking around those faux-yogurts no one pays any mind to at the Stop & Shop. I'm pretty sure I've tried soy ice cream once, and spat it out, so I don't think soy-yogurt even deserves a chance. I noticed that So Delicious makes a yogurt from cultured coconut milk, and coughed up the $2 for a mere 8 ounces of pure mystery.

I picked raspberry - the least intimidating of the flavors (I never trust passionfruit anything). It was like eating pink gelatinous perfume. It seemed like something that would be nice if I put it in my hair or rubbed it on my hands, but as a food, I just didn't get it. It was sweet, oily, and contained 6 grams of fat (from the coconut, you see). So I give it a "bleh". I miss my FAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment