Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bully trends

So, I'm a little peeved that I'm JUST learning about Etsy, the blissfully addictive online store of independent vendors that sell a (girly) variety of crafts, jewelry, bags, belts, art, apartment knickknacks, and my favorite thing of all: stationary. Ok, just discovered they sell cookies, too. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!?

No doubt I pursued the bully search, and I have to say, I haven't seen such an extensive collection of squeal-worthy bull terrier artifacts since Cafe press. The perplexing physique and endearing, pinchable face of the bully is apparently irresistible to artists. My heart melted as my mom and I found dead-on representations of the holy trinity: Snarkie, Odie, and Gracie. Not kidding.


Behold the tranquil, somewhat melancholy Snarkie, enjoying a cup of afternoon tea, contemplating a nap after several hours of reading Pascal. He thinks: "All of our reasoning ends in surrender to feeling."


Odie is poised for attack, but he's not sure why, or what he's looking for. He thinks wants a treat. He thinks he saw a squirrel. He thinks he heard his name. He pants, waddles around and gives up with a sigh. As usual, his intentions are good, but he just can't get it together.


Finally, the princess has arrived. Gracie is well-aware of her spoiled brat status, and fully satisfied with being the cutest, youngest, and simply the favoritest of the flock. ...I give up, this friggin' painting looks exactly like her and it's totally freaky. She even lies down that way, and puts her ears back like that, especially when she's about to receive some serious petting.

No comments:

Post a Comment